Myoflex Cream Generic Name: Trolamine Salicylate
(TROE-la-meen sa-LIS-i-late)Brand Name:
Examples include Aspercreme Cream and Myoflex Cream
Myoflex Cream is used for:
Temporarily relieving minor pain and inflammation.
Myoflex Cream is a topical salicylate pain reliever. It works by reducing swelling and inflammation in the muscle and joints.
Do NOT use Myoflex Cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Myoflex Cream
- you have had an allergic reaction to aspirin or other salicylate products
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Myoflex Cream :
Some medical conditions may interact with Myoflex Cream . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Myoflex Cream . Because little, if any, of Myoflex Cream is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Myoflex Cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine
How to use Myoflex Cream :
Use Myoflex Cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Apply a generous amount to the affected area. Gently rub the medicine into the skin until it is completely absorbed.
- Do NOT apply to open wounds or to skin that is broken, damaged, or irritated in any way.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Myoflex Cream , unless they are part of the treated area.
- Do not use Myoflex Cream more than 4 times per day, unless your doctor tells you to.
- If you miss a dose of Myoflex Cream , use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Myoflex Cream .
Important safety information:
- Do NOT get Myoflex Cream in the eyes, mouth, or nose.
- Tell your doctor if the painful area is red of if the skin becomes irritated.
- Tell your doctor if your symptoms clear up and then return within a few days.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 7 days or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Myoflex Cream should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Myoflex Cream while you are pregnant. It is not known if Myoflex Cream is found in breast milk after topical use.
Possible side effects of Myoflex Cream :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Myoflex Cream . Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); skin redness or irritation
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Myoflex Cream :
Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Myoflex Cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Myoflex Cream , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Myoflex Cream is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Myoflex Cream . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.