Robinul Forte Generic Name: Glycopyrrolate
Robinul and Robinul Forte
Robinul Forte is used for:
Treating stomach ulcers in combination with other medicines. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor, which may not be listed in the professional package insert.
Robinul Forte is an anticholinergic. It blocks the activity of certain chemicals in the body, which decreases stomach acid secretion.
Do NOT use Robinul Forte if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Robinul Forte
- you have glaucoma, trouble urinating (eg, bladder neck obstruction), certain stomach or bowel problems (eg, stomach or bowel blockage, bowel muscle problems, severe ulcerative colitis, toxic megacolon), certain esophagus problems (eg, achalasia, reflux), myasthenia gravis, or heart problems caused by bleeding
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Robinul Forte :
Some medical conditions may interact with Robinul Forte . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have nerve problems (eg, autonomic neuropathy), prostate problems,liver problems, kidney problems, increased pressure in the eyes, or a family history of glaucoma
- if you have heart problems (eg, coronary heart disease, heart failure), fast or irregular heartbeat, or high blood pressure
- if you have stomach or bowel problems (eg, ulcerative colitis), hiatal hernia caused by reflux disease, or if you have an ileostomy or colostomy
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Robinul Forte . However, no specific interactions with Robinul Forte are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Robinul Forte may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Robinul Forte :
Use Robinul Forte as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Robinul Forte may be taken with or without food.
- If you miss a dose of Robinul Forte , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Robinul Forte .
Important safety information:
- Robinul Forte may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Robinul Forte . Using Robinul Forte alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or to perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Robinul Forte will add to the effects of alcohol and other depressants. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines are depressants.
- Drinking fluids, maintaining good oral hygiene, and sucking on hard sugarless candy can help relieve dry mouth.
- Do not become overheated in hot weather or during exercise or other activities because heatstroke may occur.
- Robinul Forte may cause your eyes to be sensitive to light. Wearing sunglasses may help.
- Use Robinul Forte with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Use Robinul Forte with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you plan on becoming pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Robinul Forte during pregnancy. It is unknown if Robinul Forte is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Robinul Forte .
Possible side effects of Robinul Forte :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Bloated feeling; blurred vision; constipation; decreased milk production;decreased sweating; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; dry skin; enlarged pupils; headache; loss of taste; nausea; nervousness; sleeplessness; weakness.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); confusion; diarrhea; difficulty focusing the eyes; difficulty urinating; excitement; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; impotence (erectile dysfunction);pounding in the chest; seizures; unusual weakness; vomiting.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include blurred vision; convulsions; difficulty breathing; disorientation; dry mouth; enlarged pupils; excessive thirst; flushed, hot, dry skin; muscle weakness; nausea; restlessness; seizures; unusual dizziness or drowsiness; vomiting.Proper storage of Robinul Forte :
Store Robinul Forte at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Robinul Forte out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Robinul Forte , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Robinul Forte is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Robinul Forte . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Robinul Forte Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Glycopyrrolate injection Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Glycopyrrolate Professional Patient Advice (Wolters Kluwer)
- Robinul Prescribing Information (FDA)