Zacare 8% Kit LotionGeneric Name: Benzoyl Peroxide
(BEN-zoe-il per-OX-ide and SOE-dee-um HYE-al-ure-ON-ate)Brand Name:
Examples include Zacare 4% Kit and Zacare 8% Kit
Zacare 8% Kit Lotion is used for:
Treating mild to moderate acne.
Zacare 8% Kit Lotion is a kit. It contains an antibacterial and keratolytic medicine (benzoyl peroxide) along with a skin conditioning medicine (sodium hyaluronate). The benzoyl peroxide works to treat acne by killing certain bacteria on the skin and by causing a mild drying and peeling (keratolytic) effect. The sodium hyaluronate helps treat or prevent very dry or scaly skin.
Do NOT use Zacare 8% Kit Lotion if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Zacare 8% Kit Lotion
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Zacare 8% Kit Lotion:
Some medical conditions may interact with Zacare 8% Kit Lotion. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have inflamed or damaged skin at the application site
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Zacare 8% Kit Lotion. Because little, if any, of Zacare 8% Kit Lotion is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Zacare 8% Kit Lotion may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Zacare 8% Kit Lotion:
Use Zacare 8% Kit Lotion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- To use the benzoyl peroxide lotion: Wash the affected area with soap and water or as directed by your doctor. Shake the lotion well before each use. Wet the skin areas to be treated with water. Apply the lotion over the affected area. Gently rub it into a full lather. Rinse well with water then pat the area dry.
- To use the sodium hyaluronate gel: Apply to the affected areas and rub in well as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Zacare 8% Kit Lotion.
- If you miss a dose of Zacare 8% Kit Lotion, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Zacare 8% Kit Lotion.
Important safety information:
- Zacare 8% Kit Lotion is for external use only. Avoid getting it in your eyes, on the inside of your nose or mouth, or on your lips. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool tap water.
- Do not apply Zacare 8% Kit Lotion to raw, inflamed, or irritated skin, including sunburns. Do not apply Zacare 8% Kit Lotion to open wounds.
- Several weeks may pass before you see improvement in your acne. It may take up to 8 to 12 weeks before you notice the full effect of Zacare 8% Kit Lotion. Continue to use Zacare 8% Kit Lotion for the full time recommended by your doctor. If your acne does not improve or if it gets worse, check with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines, special cleansers, aftershave, or cosmetics on your skin.
- Zacare 8% Kit Lotion may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Zacare 8% Kit Lotion. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Benzoyl peroxide may cause bleaching. Avoid contact with hair, fabrics, or carpeting.
- Zacare 8% Kit Lotion should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Zacare 8% Kit Lotion while you are pregnant. It is not known if Zacare 8% Kit Lotion is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Zacare 8% Kit Lotion, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Zacare 8% Kit Lotion:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Mild burning, dryness, itching, peeling, redness, stinging, or swelling of the treated areas.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; dizziness; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); severe or persistent burning, dryness, irritation, itching, peeling, redness, stinging, or swelling of the treated areas; shedding of the skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include excessive scaling; flushing; redness; swelling.Proper storage of Zacare 8% Kit Lotion:
Store at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store in a tightly closed container, away from fire, flame, heat, and light. Keep Zacare 8% Kit Lotion out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Zacare 8% Kit Lotion, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Zacare 8% Kit Lotion is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Zacare 8% Kit Lotion. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.